Posts tagged as 'John Pawson'

Tue 3.9.

Church of St Moritz refurbishment by John Pawson Architects (UK)

Posted by Walter Phillips on 03.09.2013 - Tagged as: ,

Church of St Moritz refurbishment by John Pawson Architects

Church of St Moritz refurbishment by John Pawson Architects

In 2009 John Pawson Architects were awarded the contract to undertake a vast refurbishment project of the Church of St Moritz (founded in 1019) with the main aim to bring clarity and light to the church whilst respecting the work of previous architects and their vision.

 

(more…)

'House of Stone' installation by John Pawson, in collaboration with Salvatori and lighting specialists KKDC, at the 2010 Milan Salone del Mobile

As project titles go, ‘House of Stone’ is, well, about as literal as you can get. At the Interni Think Tank exhibition in Milan during last month’s Salone del Mobile, renowned British architect John Pawson, in collaboration with Salvatori and lighting specialists KKDC, presented a highly graphic, archetypically house-shaped installation made of meticulously cut, recycled stone.

'House of Stone' by John Pawson

The project for Pawson was all about precision: ‘The planes in the dark stone convey a sense of essentiality and precision.’ The material itself consisted of a stone residue formulated by industry leaders Salvatori, which is made up of 99% stone scrap and 1% natural resin, the latter acting as a bonding agent.

'House of Stone' by John Pawson

Drama was provided in the interior of the house by concealed LED lighting, courtesy of KKDC, whose linearity served to underscore the structure’s planes.

Interior of 'House of Stone' by John Pawson



to the John Pawson website