Publisher Frame and design brand Moooi have announced the 10 finalists for 2013’s Frame Moooi Interior Design Award. This year, the organizers received 861 submissions from a total of 71 countries. Finalists were selected by juror Jana Scholze, Curator of Contemporary Furniture and Product Design at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. The selection process was anonymous: Scholze did not know the names or nationalities of the designs she reviewed.
In alphabetical order, here are the top ten finalists:
• BBC North Atrium Pods – Seating by ID:SR / Sheppard Robson
• Espacio Fundacíon Telefónica – Seating by Quanto Arquitectura
• Impulsive Furnishing Unit – Furniture set by Christian Fiebig / Itay Ohaly / Thomas Vailly
• Lightweeds/UMNH Salt Lake City – Wall display by Studio Simon Heijdens Ltd
• Social 01 – Furniture set by i29 interior architects
• Socialization Spaces – Table by Menendez y Gamonal Arquitectos SLP
• Spaceship HEART – Madrid – Installation/Stool by Collective Paper Aesthetics
• Studio mk27 hq – Table by Studio mk27
• Tumble Seed – Stool by Carmela Bogman
• Zementa – Lamp by Pakamoko (Patrick Kaczmarek/Moritz Koehn)
Scholze will personally award the winner, who will receive a €25,000 grand prize, on Wednesday April 10 during the Salone del Mobile in Milan. An exhibition on the 10 shortlisted projects will be available throughout the entire week of the Salone on informative panels at via Savona 56.
A panel discussion will take place following the ceremony, on Thursday 11 April at Area 56 (via Savona 56, Milan) from 13:00 – 14:00. The panel will include, Jana Scholze, Curator of Contemporary Furniture at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum, Robert Thiemann, editor in chief of Frame, and special design and architecture related personalities.